Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Award

The last time I got an award was on Mother's Day about eight years ago. 'Awesome Possum' gave me The Best Mom In The World award when he was in kindergarten and declared that my best skill was unclogging the toilet.


I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!

I have to explain...

When my son was a small boy he was fascinated by water and loved watching the toilet flush.  He often tried flushing small toys as well as toilet paper.... which explains the need for the plunger!


Anyway, I received another award recently, which I am very delighted about.  My friend Terry from These Peas Taste Funny gave me the Liebster Blog Award.


I did a little research to find out more about the Liebster Award and it seems to have originated in Germany and is meant to highlight blogs you enjoy that have less than 300 followers.  When you accept the award you agree to pass it along to 3 other bloggers.

I'm not sure if this is part of the original award, but after accepting you then tell 7 things about yourself that others in the blogging community may not know.

It's next to impossible to choose which blogs to give the Liebster Award to since there are so many wonderful blogs in existence.  Also, there is no obligation to accept this award, so for the blogs I'm about to mention, if this isn't your thing that's completely fine.

Here are three of my favorite places to visit:

Dee from A Lapin Life &

I hope you will visit these blogs and enjoy them as much as I do.


Seven Things About Myself

1.  I love celebrity gossip, so if you ever want to chat about what's going on in Hollywood, then I'm your girl.

2. I have a horrible sense of direction and almost always confuse my left and right.  When I was 16 my driving instructor threatened to write an R and an L on my hands!

3. Since I was a teenager in the '80s, I am really good at doing the 'moonwalk' made famous by Michael Jackson.

4. I get dizzy very easily (if I turn around twice I feel nauseated) and HATE roller coasters.

5. I have been a vegetarian for 20 years.  The reasons why are complicated, but I love leather furniture, handbags and shoes.

6. I taught grades 1- 4 before I had my family, and yet I can't seem to help my kids with their math homework!

7. I am probably the last person on Earth who still has a phone that doesn't text and comes with a pull-up antenna. I'm planning to upgrade soon....